I will be attending these sessions.
|Designing for a SharePoint Provider Hosted App||Selected||09:00-10:15||Development MPR 2||Roy Kim|
|How to Balance Security and Usability for Single Sign-On in Your Extranet||Selected||10:30-11:45||Case Study Boardroom 35||200||IT Pro, Developer, End-User, Business||Peter Carson (MVP)||Envision IT|
|Architecting process to replace Server web parts with of REST and CSOM||Selected||13:00-14:15||IW/Admin Boardroom 25||200||IT Pro||Bill Brockbank||Navantis Inc.|
|Battle-scarred but still standing: A Sharepoint Admin’s Tell-All||Selected||14:20-15:35||Business MPR 1||Jason Himmelstein (MVP)|
|Build your business portal on office 365 : the social company||Selected||15:45-16:45||Yammer/O365/Social||100||IT Pro, Developer, Business||Vincent BIRET (MVP)||Negotium|
There are other sessions that I am interested, but because of schedule conflict, I could not:
|Inside the mind of a SharePoint Architect||Conflicted||300||IT Pro, Developer||Noorez Khamis (MVP)||ReyJen Inc.|
|Managing SharePoint Online (O365) with PowerShell + CSOM||Conflicted||200||IT Pro, Developer||Amit Vasu (MVP)||Momentum Digital Solutions Inc.|
|LCBO Uncorks SharePoint Governance||Conflicted||100||End-User||Ivor Davies||LCBO|
|Building advanced business solutions without a single line of code||Must||200||IT Pro, Developer, Business||Vladi Gubler||Infowise Solutions|
|Secure SharePoint Development||Yes||200||Developer||Eli Robillard (MVP)||MNP LLP|
|How to use SP2013, O365 and Yammer to create a knowledge Social Network across your organization.||Yes||200||IT Pro, End-User, Business||Nicolas Georgeault (MVP)||Negotium|
My blog is filled with comments spam as pending comments. The spamming is so serious that the spam filled up the database very quickly, causing it’s overall size to exceed the account limit.
I initially used manual methods to delete pending comments into trash, and clearing trash permanently. But I quickly realized that the manual method will take too long.
I searched and used the good plugin called “delete pending comments”, so aptly named after what I want to do. Installed it and deleted all pending comments. But the overall size of the database still remained very high. Then I found the commentmeta table is unusually high.
I followed this post to reduce the size of the table.
Specifically this SQL comment:
DELETE FROM tableprefix_commentmeta WHERE meta_key LIKE "%akismet%"
One day I will need to upgrade the blog to the latest version.
Here are some observations about the personal site collection (my site) created for each user:
- By default, you cannot activate the Server Publishing feature, because of an error to the effect that there is already a “Documents” library, and the message suggests deleting the document library, but that document library has no “delete this list” link in the list settings page.
- You can activate the Publishing Infrastructure site collection feature though;
- You can successfully change the look or composed look only by typing in the URL “_layouts/15/designgallery.aspx”, pick, preview, and keep a composed look;
- You can successfully change the master page only by typing in the URL “_layouts/15/changesitemasterpage.aspx”, and pick a master page;
- MDS (minimal download strategy) feature was enabled by default;
Sharepoint my site host is a site collection where users will come to when they click the “About me” link from the Welcome drop down. Specifically, users come to the person.aspx page of the my site host site collection.
From there, users can click links that will bring them to their own personal site collection. The OOTB pattern for the link to users’ personal site collection is firstname_lastname after the managed path.
Here are some observations of the my site host site collection created by default:
- Publishing Infrastructure site collection feature is disabled;
- Server publishing site feature is disabled;
- Even with publishing features enabled, the “Change the look” link is not included on the settings page;
- My site host uses the mysite15.master;
- Unlike regular content site collections, there is only one header bar;
- The “Site Content” link under the gears will take the user to the current user’s personal site collection view all content page;
- The “Site Settings” link under the gears will take the current user to the site settings page of the current my site host site collection;
To apply a color theme, go to the page _layouts/15/designgallery.aspx page (pointed to by the “Change the look” link in other site collections”), pick, preview and apply a theme; at this point the profile image will disappear because none of the composed looks use the mysite15.master page; so you would need to use the master page link from the settings page to change the master page to either mysite15 or your custom mysite host master page.
My site host site collection contains a user photos library with a subfolder called “Profile Pictures” where each uploaded photo will have 3 versions Large, Medium and Small.